Have you ever been in a long-distance relationship before? It is said that long distance dating can work, but there are many things that you have to pay attention to if you are considering a long-distance romantic relationship.
- Absence makes the heart grow fonder.
When you can’t see each other every day, chances are you tend to think about how good it would be if you are together! That’s why sometimes a long-distance relationship can be absolutely beautiful.
However, research shows that long-distance relationships have certain challenges that shouldn’t be ignored.
- Maintaining a standard relationship isn’t easy, so maintaining a long-distance relationship is definitely harder – there are distractions and challenges that you wouldn’t expect.
- Without seeing your partner every day, anxiety may arise.
- You actually have to make plans together so that you can be together in the future. But these plans oftentimes involve changing careers, moving countries, leaving your current social circle, etc. It’s really not that easy to implement.
- Have a shared blue print is absolutely paramount!
Do you have a blueprint that you share with your partner in a long-distance relationship? In fact, having a shared blueprint is the foundation for a long-distance romantic relationship.
Basically, that means you need to know how to actually be together in the long term. For instance, Jack and Jennifer are in a long-distance relationship. Jennifer is planning to move to Jack’s city and find a new job there. They will get married within 2 years.
- Do you communicate every day?
Long distance dating requires daily communication in order to make it work. Ideally, you need to have a video chat on the internet once a day if you would like to make the relationship actually work in the long run. Otherwise, the relationship is non-existent in reality.
Communicating with each other often also helps you know more about each other. This is also a way to keep the excitement going in this relationship. Having said that, it doesn’t mean you should text your partner every 10 minutes throughout the day. As a matter of fact, you can simply have a video chat every night after dinner.
Of course, no matter how much you enjoy long distance dating, you still need to meet each other and be together – that’s how you make a relationship solid and real. So, you might consider seeing each other once a month if it’s possible.
“Long-distance relationships can work, as long as you know how to make it work!”